WISH is a judgement-free space where all women are valued. A place of compassion and trust. We are proud to be a woman-only (cis and trans) organization and space. We care deeply about the community we serve—who, despite facing incredible challenges, are resilient, intelligent, and strong.
WHO WE ARE:
For more than 36 years, WISH has been a refuge and an essential point of contact for women who have been made vulnerable due to poverty, homelessness, trauma, violence, stigma, and a lack of access to supports and opportunities. We are the largest organization in Canada supporting sex workers and the only drop-in centre in the region supporting them 365 nights a year.
To improve the health, safety and well-being of women who are involved in Vancouver’s street-based sex trade
Every woman should have access to opportunities to make free, healthy and positive choices
Acceptance, Caring, Dignity and Respect
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At WISH, we take our commitment to diversity and inclusion very seriously. To honour this commitment, we strongly encourage women with lived expertise in sex work, Indigenous women, Black women, women of colour, trans women, and members of other equity-seeking groups to apply.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Director of Finance (Full-time, Permanent)
- Housing Support Worker (Full-time, Permanent)
- BC Bad Date and Aggressor Reporting Research Lead (Full-time)
- Shelter Program Assistant (Casual, Regular Part-time, assorted shifts)
- MAP Van Support Worker (Casual, Regular Part-time, assorted shifts)
- Drop-In Program Assistant (Casual, Regular Part-time, assorted shifts)
- Cook (Casual, Regular Part-time, assorted shifts)
- Astoria Program Assistant (Casual, Regular Part-time, assorted shifts)
We are currently recruiting for the following volunteer positions:
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to us here. In your subject line, please state “Application for X position”
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who have been shortlisted for a position will be contacted. Resumes are kept on file for six months.