WISH is a dedicated team of women who care deeply about the community we serve.
Do you self-identify as a woman, enjoy the variety and challenge of a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, and have a knack for connecting with people? Are you a self-starter who is able to work as part of a team, and who does your best work when the pressure is on?
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Shelter Manager (One Year contract, potential extension contingent on funding, Full time)
- MAP Van Support Worker (Casual, assorted shifts)
- Drop-In Program Assistant (Casual, assorted shifts)
- Kitchen Assistant / Cook (casual)
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to us here. In your subject line, please state “Application for X position”
IF YOU HAVE …
– Strong knowledge and understanding of gender diversity, trans-inclusivity, cultural competency and sex work
– Experience working with Aboriginal peoples, and knowledge of the legacy of colonization and the Residential School system
– A demonstrated ability to support vulnerable women compassionately and non-judgmentally, while maintaining strong personal boundaries
– Experience working in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside or similar community.
WHAT WE OFFER
– Excellent benefits package including employee insurance (medical, dental, life, accident and long-term disability, MSP and Pension plan for unionized positions)
– A team-based culture in a location close to transit
– The opportunity to make a tremendous difference to the lives of some of Vancouver’s most marginalized, stigmatized and victimized women
WISH strongly encourages mature individuals with lived experiences who identify as Indigenous or a visible minority, and who can strongly empathize with vulnerable women to apply. Experience in sex work or the sex industry is an asset.
WISH is a cis and trans-women only employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who have been short-listed for a position will be contacted. Resumes are kept on file for six months.